Sunday, February 17, 2008

Kramgasse 49

From 1903 till 1905 Einstein and his wife Mileva had lived at that address in Bern. There, in 1905, the annus mirabilis, Einstein wrote his five important theses. Today their flat is open to the public and I made a visit to it today. If you walk through the historic city center of Bern, everybody will get inspired (not only Einstein ;-). I can hardly describe the feeling. Better you look at the following picture, which shows the city center from top of the Munster (more pictures to follow on my web page).


At work everything is fine. The first week I've been inducted into the grinding of tools. You can't imagine how many parameters you need, to create a cutter or even a drill. Last week, I've started programming - a small project for the beginning.

I also got used to the swiss life. Almost all shops are closed during noontime and they close at 6.30pm. So you have to plan things more exactly and in advance. Another example, which comes to my mind right now, are the trains. On the other day the train was a bit late - three minutes, and that delay was shown on the departure panel.

PS: I've uploaded some pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home