Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Summer in Switzerland

Yes, I am still alive and I'm sorry that I haven't wrote that much since I started working in Switzerland half year ago. The job itself is challenging and there is a lot to do. That's probably why I couldn't write that much in my BLOG. ;-)

No, the main reason is, that I have been busy all weekends since begin of summer. First, the european football championship in Switzerland and Austria. I've enjoyed visiting the public viewing areas in Langenthal and Basel. At home, we watched the matches with my Italian colleagues and our Chinese visitor. Sadly, the Italians were thrown out after first round ;-) Anyway, the best was the half final between Germany and Turkey, which I've seen at a public viewing area in Basel. The following pictures give a small hint of the atmosphere. The lost final wasn't that bad after all, if you've seen the half final ;-)









The following weekends were planned ahead. There was a meeting with my old working group from Jülich in Karlsruhe, which was fantastic: the old guys, the discussion, Karlsruhe itself and the Black Forest. The week after I visited the Gurten Festival on the Gurten hill near Bern with a really amazing view. You wake up in the morning, you open your tent and you see Bern on your left and snowy mountains on your right. After Gurten, a friend, I met in Australia, visited me on his way back from Italy. With one of my Italian colleagues we went together to the Pilatus mountain and hiked from bottom (435m) to top (2132m), which took us four hours. The good thing was that we could take the train (the world's steepest cogwheel railway) back, otherwise...

Currently, I'm sitting in an ICE train to Basel, which arrives at Freiburg at the moment. I visited my mother in Northern Germany and I'm on my way back to Roggwil. A long distance, but what is a long distance after traveling around Australia?

And the good thing is that I will travel next weekend again :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home